Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Politics?

Ok, maybe this will spark some conversation. I promised not to talk about all things Riley on this blog and I'm sure my "green" soap box gets old so....I'm bummed today because John Edwards bailed out of the Presidential race. 

I know some of you are thinking, "What? she's not supporting Clinton because she's a woman?" Well, actually, I like all 3 of the candidates on the Dem side, but Edwards was my favorite. I actually think I like Obama next and Clinton third, but I'll take a combo of any of them. I'm not saying that I claim to be a Democrat in all things, nor am I saying I know all things about all the candidates, but Republicans have made me mad for so long I just can't get past that part of it. Plus, I have read some of the books by Clinton and Obama and I find them very interesting...even hopeful! I still hope Edwards ends up as the VP on the ticket though:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey chica, I love the fact that you had the statement "What? she's not supporting Clinton because she's a woman?" Did you know that about a month ago they (whoever "they" are) had a survey and I think it was 42% of people who said they supported Clinton and no reason other than the fact that she's a woman? How messed up is that? Don't get me wrong, I like alot of what she stands for, and at least I know WHAT she stands for..........

Anonymous said...

wow I've been gone all day and didn't know this! Well I agree he'll make a great vice pres. I'd love an Obama/Edwards ticket.

MoSchu said...

Me too, but the way they talk, it's more likely to be Clinton/Obama or Clinton/Edwards. Not my first choice, but I'll take it. It's better than the choices have been in the other years I have been old enough to vote for a president.