Ok, after much prodding by my cousin in Chicago, I've decided to give this blogging thing a go. I like being able to see pics of his little guy as he grows up and i thought this might be better than stuffing your e-mail boxes with a million pictures! I will assume most of this blogging will come from me, but Josh might have some input too...who knows!?
Any thoughts about what I need on my blog? Let's start there!
3 comments:
Great blog Schusters!! I'll be checking back.
Here are my tips:
You should an RSS feed so people can subscribe with a feed reader or email. You already have an atom feed from blogger, but that will only do so much. I have used Feedburner – it's free. You can get one of those here: http://www.feedburner.com (and here's a tutorial on how to set it up: http://www.freevlog.org/index.php/2007/03/19/8-get-an-rss-feed/)
I would recommend creating a Flickr account for pictures. You can use the free one (great deal, and you don't really have to do anything since you use Yahoo!), but if you buy a PRO account, you can post as many pics as you wish, more features become available, and the original sizes are kept intact. Flickr also lets you create cool little flash buttons to spruce up the old homepage.
Finally, I would recommend learning how to effectively post video online. This site has great tutorials:http://www.freevlog.org/index.php/category/tutorial/
Almost all digital cameras take video, and they say pictures are worth a thousand words, but videos show 30 pictures per second.
Um, that's all I've got off the bat. Blogger makes blogging so easy; I'll bet it took you less than 30 minutes to set yours up.
I'll let you know if I've forgotten anything.
Woohoooo! Very Impressive and Exciting!! Great job Molly.
Molly, nice work. Welcome to the blogosphere. I am very glad you have decided to jump right in. It looks like you are pretty good already. You have a picture in the top column and links and everything. Love it.
Now all you need to do is update it all the time so we can see what is going on with your family.
I agree with dan's comments - especially about Flickr. I am addicted to Flickr. There is no better way to organize and share your pictures.
Another way to share video is with YouTube. I think it is pretty slick.
Also, I think the blog already has RSS. I subscribe to this site with Google Reader and it works perfectly.
Post a Comment