All words to describe this weekend. We started Saturday with a mini-reunion of sorts. We went to an open house to meet the new baby boy of a friend of Josh's and mine from high school. It's ironic that Josh and I had any friends in common in high school since we didn't run in the same circles until the very end of Senior year, but I was more friends with Jake (ok, I dated him briefly) freshman year, and Josh from about that point on...They were in a band together called the Small Wooden Badgers (don't ask!). Another band member, Chris was also there! Boy it's funny how times change us. Neither one of us would have recognized Chris and maybe not even Jake if it weren't for Facebook. We met both of their wives and of course baby Ben. Kinda a fun little reunion.
Sunday after church I went to a baby shower for a cousin's wife whom I kinda barely know. My mom comes from a HUGE family so it's hard to keep track, but it's always fun to see my mom's cousins and some of their kids whom I also went to high school with. (Hi Karen! and I think maybe Teresa reads this blog too?) There was a Tibetan Terrier dog at this shower who was ADORABLE! I might need one of them if I can talk Josh into it:) And a lot of kids...mine went home with Josh for naptime so she wasn't there, but Kiley was there to represent our kiddos.
After that, we came home, went grocery shopping went out to dinner with Josh's parents and then came home and took the Christmas lights down (don't judge!) and took Riley and the neighbor girl Brielle to feed the ducks and play at the park. Yikes...we can fit a lot into a day! and with all that, we even started to clean out our basement bedroom to organize some stuff...that room is a major catch-all and we we supposed to tackle that mess this winter...oops! Anyway, sorry no pics for now. I'm too lazy to go down and get the camera. Maybe tomorrow:) I still owe y'all the picture of Riley asleep in her closet! Good night...
No comments:
Post a Comment