Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pumpkin Fest

This past weekend was Pumpkin Fest at our church. 10 Years ago, my parents and Katie created this free festival for kids and this year was a huge success despite being indoors because of rain. With over 20 tables of books at the used book sale and 3 long tables of baked goods, they even made a pretty good profit despite all activities for kids being FREE! Money goes to support other kid stuff at church...one big circle of helping kids!

This year along with helping with the Book Sale set-up (my personal heaven...I know weird, but I LOVE getting to shop the sale once we set it up!) I am now officially...unofficially...the person in charge of Pumpkin Decorating! I say that because I am in charge, but I don't like to be on committees cuz every time I sign up for something like a board or committee I end up not liking it because it becomes "work" this way I can be in charge but still have fun ;) And I did...a LOT! I know...did I mention I'm a dork?

Another big surprise this year, my cousin Dan showed up with his 3 little Pumpkins!!! Fun weekend!!





No comments: