Spring means it's time to squeeze in some swimming lessons before the summer activities hit. So here we go again! Riley wasn't so sure she wanted to do lessons anymore because she is convinced she can swim fine. I told her she needs to pass level 5 (jumping off the diving board) so I know if she falls in off the dock that she knows what to do...she left the first lesson excited for next week and wishing it was the next day and not a whole week away....
Rowan...well we left off last year with him screaming every time he was in the pool and sobbing the entire lesson...it got so bad he even freaked out on a teacher the very last lesson of the session. This year...only a few tears shed, and not because of the lesson, but because his goggles wouldn't work right (His ears are lopsided, I think? It actually looks kinda odd when he wears them anyway! Plus they get too foggy to see.) Whew! No freaking out on the teacher. He said it was ok. Not too excited about this week, but we did buy a different kind of goggles to try, so maybe that will give him something to look forward to! I am solo with them this week, so I am hoping that's enough to motivate!
No comments:
Post a Comment