


Riley requestem Mom skate with her during the practice part of her class this week. Eek! My back and my knees were killing me after the 30 minute session. Guess I'm old! But I was honored to be asked to skate with her.
We did hit one kinda major bump this week. Riley refuses to go to her class without the "race car" help. I am torn on this issue because I know she doesn't need it, but she is also in a Level 1 class again because the new "hockey" program required all kids to start at Level 1 even if they had done the Snow Plow Sam program. Riley should be in Level 2 based on that. But becuase it's a Level 1 she will have time in the higher levels to do without? I was hoping since this was a Level 1 program she would get to keep the walker, but her teacher knows she doesn't really need it and had been taking it away. We were literally ready to leave before class started this week because she was freaking out.
Dilema: I know she can do it without, but she needs the confidence and I paid for these classes and I hate that she would just go home rather than do the class without the "race car." UGH! So I was "that parent" and I asked Miss Megan if she could please allow Riley to use her "car" during class and we would work with her in practice time and in open skate on the weekends to get her over the need for help. I don't know if we will sign her up for anymore skating after this. On to dance? YUCK! I mean...sure...maybe Irish dance?
2 comments:
I have no idea if it will help, but we'd be happy to take Collin to your rink sometime for a skating playdate without "cars." Or you could come to an outdoor by us or our usual indoor rink in Rogers to get her in a new environment...Why don't these kiddos come with better instruction books...?
Hey you and your sisters made us suffer thru dance,why not pay back!:)And yes,I know there was that gymnastics fiasco:)
Post a Comment