Thursday, April 2, 2015

Bird Nerd Adventures



This week we have had a few random encounters with nature...totally unplanned but glad I had my camera!
 On Tuesday, the kids were at my parents' house while I was at an appointment. After I got back we went for a long nature walk with my mom. It was a perfect day for it!



 When we walked by the lake near their house, we found these hooded mergansers hanging out. Never seen them before! Kinda cool...


 Then Wednesday we decided to surprise my niece who was the only kid of our 6 on the Cooley side who had school that day...everyone else was on spring break including her little sister...While we were waiting to leave to go to her school, we did some sight-seeing from Meg's deck. We saw sandhill cranes, eagles, swallows, robins, a woodpecker, and these beautiful eastern bluebirds!

I didn't get pics of the rest because they were flying and I have not quite gotten the hang of this camera for motion shots yet!




1 comment:

Meg Tredinnick said...

You're welcome to come take pics anytime;) The Cranes were in the yard across Viking yesterday when I came home;)