Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Had a Bad Day....


Or so the song goes...It wasn't really that bad, we had a good time with the kids this morning and then Meg and I went to get our hair colored...that's where it all went wrong:) I'm not going to say where I got it done, I don't want everyone saying you should have gone here or there or whatever. It's not that the color was bad, it's just that the colorist was not listening to a word I said.

I went in saying I wanted a light to medium BROWN with highlights or low lights or something like that. I wanted it to look better than my normal color with the Rust colored dress I'm wearing in a wedding in October...I ended up a carrot top! Like I said, the color itself isn't bad, if I wanted red, but I don't think red works real well with my coloring, so we'll see. I did plan to do this now so it wasn't messed up for the wedding, but I was hoping it would go well the first time around...no "I told you so's" please, I planned ahead for this very reason:)

I did send an e-mail to the company asking if I can go to another location to have it fixed and how they're gonna make it better, so we'll see where I get with that, but for now, I guess you could call me Red. Does this look brown to you?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

In my hair adventures I have learned, as of late, that the stylist sometimes likes to 'creatively interperet' clients specific directions - hence my platinum status. However, if I was to mentally photoshop your face on the back of your head, I would say it looks nice! I'm sure your eyes [that are dark or at least hazel, right?] pop pretty good now...but, if you aren't happy, they should willingly fix it. Since you won't place blame, would I be safe to assume that a Regis Salon was involved? ; )

MoSchu said...

Nope, it wasn't Regis...and there's a reason this pic is taken from the side and not the front:) I didn't want to reveal that much yuck! It's just not the right color for my skin tone...as much as my stylist kept insisting it was! She certainly went with the "creative" interpretation!

Unknown said...

Boo, well I feel semi-responsible since I was all for the coloring to begin with. I hope the second try goes better. A heavy foil should do the trick!

Meg Tredinnick said...

See, foil is what the stylist talked you out of. I agree with Amber, foil is not as drastic and more like what you were hoping for I think

Neubs said...

Hey Molly it is not bad. I was thinking like RED, RED when you called me. My cousin works at a Salon in Maple Grove if the place you went to will not help you out you could go to her. She is great.

Anonymous said...

Molly,

You look great no matter what!

Auntie Annie

Sara said...

I'd say you have a "golden brown" which always looks more red than blonde. On the upside you are after all Irish...so you can always say you wanted to get in touch with your fellow brethern and hook up red for a bit. As you know I am a fan of the switch up in colors. However unlike everyone else that says to have them fix it, I would request a reimbursement and choose elsewhere. My mantra is that it's only hair, it'll grow back (for too short of cuts) followed by well I've never had this color before and I can always change it. Enjoy the mess up! You can do all sorts of outrageous things and blame it on the hair color!

MoSchu said...

Ahhhh, you guys a re all so nice! Shan, what does your cousin charge to fix crap? Sara, thanks! I might just decide to be more "irish" for a few days and see what happens:)

Anonymous said...

molly is that you ? does RILEY know you ? dont worry its just alittle hair color ! OH does JOSH know you ?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.