Thursday, June 26, 2008

Morning Grandpa Update

As of last night, the most updated info I have is this. Grandpa's kidneys are functioning at 15% and while that sounds awful, normal range for a man his age is about 35% so it's low, but not as low as it sounds. They would do dialysis if it was between 5-10% so he's still not as bad as he could be. They are going to be giving him fluids thinking part of this might be that he's dehydrated. I haven't heard if they gave him the transfusion yet or not. They are still checking him for anything like a bladder infection that might be causing some of the other symptoms and still trying to determine the cause for his left side weakness. I'll call my parents in a while to check in, but that's the latest right now.

Mark, as far as I know, is still at home and doing well. Josh talked to him right before bed last night and he slept a good part of yesterday, but he's doing much better. He even walked the stairs to the main level of their house pretty much by himself. Still has a slight headache, which is to be expected and some numbness around the incision, but that is also normal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Molly, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this hospital craziness you and Josh have been experiencing! I'm really glad Josh's dad is home and doing well, and I will keep praying for your Grandpa too. Hang in there... a positive attitude can go a long way for the patients!