Friday, July 18, 2008

The Week of Concerts in the Park


I have decided that I love the concept of concerts in the park. They are free, you can come early or come late and leave whenever you want, they are kid friendly and FREE! Oh wait, I said that already. So this week, in order to fool you all into thinking we actually have an interesting life outside of parenting, we have gone to TWO concerts in the park...yup TWO! First was the already mentioend Teddy Bear Band. On Thursday my friends Breann, Shannon, Josh, Riley and I went to dinner and then to the Dazy Head Mazy concert at Maple Grove's Arbor Lakes.

Not only was I glad I got to hang with Bre and Shan, but we also ran into some friends from high school, Matt and Jill and they have a daughter, Jordan, who is something like a week younger than Riley. We see them sometimes at church, but we haven't seen them in a while so it was fun to catch up! (Bre and Shan, I'm sorry I kinda bailed on you a bit there for this purpose! And thanks for keeping Roo busy for a while!) Riley didn't enjoy this one as much as the Teddy Bear Band, but she liked it for a while...there just wasn't a good place for her to go dance and I think she was bummed!

1 comment:

Neubs said...

Hey no worries. We had fun. And next time I will take better pictures! ;o)