

Here are a few more of my favorite ornaments from 100 years ago...or, say, 30-ish...The Snow Baby playing baseball came from my dad. Each one of us girls got one...it was maybe 10 years ago or so...Dad was our coach playing softball growing up and I have always called him Coach just about as often as I call him Dad:) This was his special gift to us one year and it is always pretty close to the front of my tree. (You must be thinking, do ANY ornaments go in the back? A few, but I have fond memories of a lot of them! And yes, even Josh's ornaments and Riley's find space up front too...remember we have a FAT tree!)
And the Glass Bulb ornament with my name on it I think is a replacement. We had a tragic ornament accident one year and our tree fell over and broke a lot of the glass bulbs. I know for sure Katie's was replaced, but I can't remember if it was mine or Meg's that also had to be replaced.
I have so many special ornaments that I won't bore you with the rest, but I can tell you have ornaments from both sets of grandparents both that were given to me as a child (bulbs that say Special Grand-daughter) and ornaments from their trees that don't make it up anymore. I have a special purple bulb and a pink one from my Munn grandparents and some wooden and straw ornaments from my Cooley grandparents. (At this point my mom is either saying...enough already...or she's crying a lot!) So tomorrow will be the last of the ornament memories, but it's a silly one, don't worry!
5 comments:
What wonderful memories! Last year I reminisced over each ornament that I put on the tree. There is a story with each one and a memory to treasure forever. They bring laughter, tears but mostly loving thoughts.
Than you for sharing your memories.
Have a beautiful and Blessed Christmas!!
Zack & Kiley's Grandma D
What wonderful memories! Last year I reminisced over each ornament that I put on the tree. There is a story with each one and a memory to treasure forever. They bring laughter, tears but mostly loving thoughts.
Than you for sharing your memories.
Have a beautiful and Blessed Christmas!!
Zack & Kiley's Grandma D
sorry for the spelling boo boo.
It was supposed to say THANK YOU!!
Grandma D
It was mine that broke
You're lucky you have your name bulb. We had a tree falling problem when we were in our town house and I don't have my bell anymore. :-(
Post a Comment