Monday, October 5, 2009

Pumpkin Fest 2009





The weather was kinda crummy for this year's Pumpkin Fest, but it's always hit or miss in early October. There were lots of kids bundled up and a lot of the activities were moved inside. Most of my family is part of the hard-working committee who puts on this festival. It's my dad's baby that started, I think 6 years ago? The last two years, it has featured the Teddy Bear Band, as well as free games and activities for the kids. This year, my mom added a book sale to the Fest, and I came home with some fun new books too! I'm the slacker in the family who just comes to participate in the fun:)

Riley had lots of fun racing minnows, spitting pumpkin seeds and of course dancing to the TBB. Of course, we had to wake her up from a nap, so it took her some time to warm up, but once she did, she had a fantastic time! She especially loved painting her pumpkin, which she still insists she hasn't finished yet!

Zack, Kiley and Zack's buddy, Colin also enjoyed the fun! More on that tomorrow...

No comments: