Thursday, March 6, 2008

More Green Tips

From the "Do-It-Green Minnesota" newsletter
Suggestions for a green work environment:

-Ride your bike or take the bus to work (even once a week helps!).
-Organize a carpool.
-Get some fresh air at your desk with a small plant.
-Implement a recycling program (or more comprehensive program, if you already have one in place)
-Pack a no-waste lunch.
-Encourage coworkers to bring refillable water bottles instead of using disposable cups or buying plastic bottles of water.
-Switch to greener office supplies like CFL bulbs and recycled paper.
-Think before you print (and before you Post-it). Use less paper by using the double-side option, keeping fonts small and using scraps for writing notes or daily agendas.
-Turn off computers and monitors when you leave your desk for an extended period and at the end of the day.

4 comments:

Meg Tredinnick said...

HMM, I don't think biking is an option from East Bethel to Golden Valley! I think I'd have to bike all night long!

Anonymous said...

How about bringing your own coffee mug to use continually. I just read of a company that isn't buying paper cups anymore. Yeah green!

Anonymous said...

Meg, moving closer would be very environmentally friendly on sooooo many levels. Starting with gas consumption:) for all of us:)And CHEAPER too:)

MoSchu said...

Yes, Meg should move closer, that would be perfect! And I think it's actually the City of Mpls. that was considering not using paper cups anymore. Go Mpls!