Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mommy, It Snowed Again!

I'm going to post pictures later of our fun Thanksgiving celebrations, but I thought I'd share with y'all how I woke up this morning. Josh has recently moved Riley's crib so she can reach the window shade and look outside in the morning. Last night we ran some errands as some flurries began and I taught Riley about catching snowflakes on her tongue (Grandma tried that last weekend but she didn't quite get it...this time she understood it better.)

Anyway, she woke up this morning and said "Mommy it's snowing again! There's snow all over the place!" Yipee...all over the place huh?

Did I mention I don't like snow? I was torn about how I felt about this announcement. While I hate snow, EVERYthing sounds better coming from a two-year-old:) Last night Josh told her very sarcastically "Mommy LOVES snow." She obviously doesn't understand sarcasm, so she was really excited and this gave her the chance to use her new favorite line..."Me and you, Mommy?!" then the rest of the night was "It's snowing, I like i! I like snow!" Hmmmm...guess I'm going to have to learn to like that cold, wet, slippery junk on my roof...

2 comments:

Jess said...

Snow is a four letter word. Icky white stuff is much more acceptable.

Meg Tredinnick said...

Hee hee, Winter Babies catch snowflakes:) You're going to have a Winter baby even if she was born in Oct.