Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A New Tradition?

Yup, I'm a fan of tradition:) I'm sure my mom can tell you that...I don't let things go easily! I think this year will be the return of a tradition that started when Riley was one month old but failed miserably last year. Her first year, we went to the Ridgedale Santa the night before Thanksgiving when Riley was just a month and we went with our friends Jimmy and Erica and their little girl Ashley. It went great and we have pictures to prove it.

Last year we waited until about a week before Christmas and as you may recall "Santa's appointments were booked!" Are you kidding me? Ok, so maybe it was too close to Christmas...We had a back-up plan and Riley cried for an hour before she sat on Santa's lap, so maybe it was a good thing we didn't do the Mall Santa last year! But really...Santa's appointments are booked??? c'mon! Explain that to a kid who's a little older and doesn't get to see Santa!

That being said, I hope Riley does better this year because we're going back to the Mall Santa tonight...the night before Turkey Day, and Jim, Erica and Ashley will be joining us again. I'm hoping that if she watches Ashley do it, she will be ok with the Big Man and smile for the camera. Wish us luck!!!

2 comments:

Meg Tredinnick said...

So what time should I be at Ridgedale tonight to watch the show?

CS said...

jojj... which in Hungarian is pronounced "yoy"

Good luck.

:)