
Yes, this ornament has a place up front too...and it's really not even ours. I think it's Jim's, if not, it belongs to Tom or Bean...Our house, which we like to call The MoSchu Palace, was kinda like a hang-out for all of our friends (Dad always called it a "clubhouse" in all his Christmas letters) and in fact, a few of them lived with us for a while.
This ornament belonged to one of the boys, like I said, I really think it was Jimmy, and it was put on our tree one year because he said they spent more time at our house than they did at their own and so it was his way of contributing to our "family" tree...which all of my friends are very much a part of, whether there is an ornament there or not! I love that ornament because it reminds me of all the crazy fun we have had with our friends! We hope you all have a holiday that is filled with fun memories and happiness...Drive safely to all your holiday gatherings and Huge Hugs from the MoSchu!
4 comments:
ok, that one made me cry!
You're funny Meg. Out of all of her stories about our grandparents and that is the one to make you cry?
Only cuz I know how sad Mo is that she doesn't have her playhouse anymore...I have all the same memories of the other ones, but I don't have this memory.
Thanks for the lovely, genuine blog post, Mo. I only hope that you know that I think I speak for all of us when I say that we all treasure those memories too. But it was nice to hear that you still think about us all and that you have something to remember us by. PS - It isn't mine, so maybe it is Jimmy's.
Post a Comment