Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Critters of Hubert





I love Lake Hubert, but there are some critters I could keep and some I could do without. One of the best parts of the lake is the bird population. There are Osprey, Woodpeckers, all kinds of water birds and two favorites: The Loony Bird and the Eagle. Sorry the Eagle shot is so bad, that's the closest he got to us. I wanted to go to the nesting platform on the lake and take a picture of the Mom and Baby, but we never did find time.

The toads are fine except when they hop out of nowhere at dusk and scare you, but the critters I like LEAST of all in the whole world are spiders. This year we discovered a kind of sand spider that literally blends in perfectly with the sand. The first one I found, my mom tried valiantly to kill for me by throwing it the lake and it RAN across the water right back to the beach. YUCK! We killed a good half dozen or more of these! But I didn't get bit this year!

No comments: