Sunday, August 30, 2009

Duck Soup Softball FIASCO






It's here once again and almost over...The Duck Soup Softball Fiasco! And what a Fiasco it was! Our teams did poorly as usual in the game play part of the tournament (We "won" a game because the team we played didn't have enough players, but lost all the rest of our games!), but we placed 5.5 and 6th in the costume contest.

Yes, I did mean 5.5! Our "Works of Art" themed team actually came in 5th in front of our "Injured Reserve" themed team, but the guy in charge forgot to count them when he added the totals. That's the kind of weekend it was...lots of chaos, but still fun. I personally think the Art team deserved higher by far. They ROCKED the costumes!

Here's our team shots and some action from the weekend. I posted the picture of Mandy batting because you can see the crazy baseline, and because it shows Mandy and Bean playing against us for a team who were new to the tourney and needed to borrow players!)

As always for big events, more pictures to come this week! Huge thanks to Jon, Ben, Alicia, Janelle, Julie, and Donna for playing for the first time ever this year (And maybe Breann, I can't remember if she has played before, but she has been there a few years now). Janelle (seen in red wearing the groucho glasses) was awarded our team's MVP T-shirt for stellar play at Short Stop (I think she picked that position out of the hat, she doesn't usually play short!) She even tried to tackle a guy off the base to make a play:)

No comments: