Sunday, April 20, 2008

Environmental Committee

In honor of Earth Day our church distributed 500 bottles of a non-toxic All Purpose Cleaner with a recipe for how to make it and a pledge to use it and other recipes they provided for household cleaners. I missed most of church with a melt-down of a kiddo, but I did pick up some of the cleaner and the recipes. (And then so did Josh cuz my mom made him get one for me, she didn't know I already got a bottle!) So as not to disappoint my mom who assumed I'd post this recipe... Here's the All- Purpose Cleaner recipe:

1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tsp borax
3 1/2 cups hot water
20 drops lemon or lavender oil
1/4 liquid dish soap

In a 32 oz. spray bottle, mix the vinegar, borax and water thoroughly. Add essential oil if desired. Add dish soap last.



P.S. If anyone wants the extra bottle, I'd be happy to share!

No comments: