Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kip-munch

Ok, so you may have heard Meg gush about how she loves baby talk. Riley has some good ones, but last night was particularly cute! We rented Alvin and the Chipmunks (yes, I'm 31, but I grew up roller skating to the chipmunks in my basement! In my defense, we did wait to RENT it!) We were teaching Riley to say Chipmunk...her best effort: Kip-munch!

Here are some other Riley-isms:
El-pheet (elephant) She is getting better at this one
Hippopatus (hippopotamus)
Oc-pus (octopus)
Where Riley go? (her version of Peek-a-boo)
Darn-it (Josh hates that she says this, but if there are no squirrels to look at, DARN it!)
Mommy, miss you
Daddy HOME (extra emphasis on home)
PLEASE! (always wither her pointer finger up with emphasis!)
Bye, later! (meaning Good-bye, see you later)
Waffles=Cheerios (my dad was feeding her both off the same plate and it stuck)
I like it, Milk...or I like it, Gossie (her fave book right now)...if she likes something it's always "I like it," then whatever it is that she likes:)
Riley do that...if she wants to do what you're doing
I do that, Bunny Ears (Meg taught her to tie shoes that way, no she can't tie shoes, but the bunny ears stuck)
Daddy, are you? (means Daddy, WHERE are you? but she leaves out the word.)

1 comment:

Mama Cools said...

Love this post! So cute!! I'm with Meg...love "child-speak". My cousin used to call mosquitoes, smokeetos. I would love to hear Riley say all of these things (feel free to capture on video!) Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge ; )